Translate

Saturday 23 May 2020

The Eight Chapter of 13 of the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians (To update)


The Eight Chapter 

of
 the Second Letter
 of 
 St. Paul
 to the Corinthians



¹ We want you to know, brothers and sisters, about the grace of God that has been granted to the churches of Macedonia; ² for during a severe ordeal of affliction, their abundant joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part.



(The Eight Chapter of the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians verses 1 to 2)


Oh God my Father one thing that has always amazed me since I have been working with migrants and Asylum Seekers is their generosity. Even in their limited resources, they are ready to think of others before themselves. Shamefully for us, such people are of the Muslim belief. Amen, I pray that we learn from the values and beliefs of others before judging them Amen.


³ For, as I can testify, they voluntarily gave according to their means, and even beyond their means, ⁴ begging us earnestly for the privilege of sharing in this ministry to the saints- ⁵ and this, not merely as we expected; they gave themselves first to the LORD and, by the will of God, to us, ⁶ so that we might urge Titus, as he had already made a beginning, so he should also complete this generous undertaking among you.


(The Eight Chapter of the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians verses 3 to 6)


Oh God my Father this is what I call faith in action, when one gives even though one's means are already limited because this means self-sacrifice and letting go to the will of God Amen.


⁷ Now as you excel in everything in faith, in speech, in knowledge, in utmost eagerness, and in our love for you-so we want you to excel also in this generous undertaking.


(The Eight Chapter of the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians verse 7)


Oh God my Father You have given us many gifts and skills in all areas of knowledge, however, the greatest gift that we can give to You is that of ourselves Amen total and unconditionally Amen. I pray to be able to renounce myself totally to You Amen.


⁸ I do not say this as a command, but I am testing the genuineness of your love against the earnestness of others.


(The Eight Chapter of the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians verse 8)


Oh God my Father, You know my heart better than any other. You know me as I really and truly am and not as I project myself to be during my daily life, even though I am genuine and transparent in my thoughts and in my actions Amen.


⁹ For you know the generous act of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sakes he became poor, so that by his poverty you might become rich.



(The Eight Chapter of the Second Letter of St. Paul to the Corinthians verse 9)


Oh God my Father health and time are both considered as valuable assets. However when I share my time and my health with others in service I am becoming poor in both sources but becoming rich in graces and spiritual growth, for when we give we also receive Amen.























































No comments:

Post a Comment